Slic3r is the tool you need to convert a digital 3D model into printing instructions for your 3D printer. It cuts the model into horizontal slices (layers), generates toolpaths to fill them and calculates the amount of material to be extruded.
The project was started in 2011 from scratch: the code and the algorithms are not based on any other previous work. Readability and maintainability of the code are among the design goals.
- Do you like the graphical interface or command line?All the features of the user-friendly interface are also available from command line. This allows to integrate Slic3r in your custom toolchain and batch operations as you like.
- Open source, open development.Slic3r is open source software, licenced under the AGPLv3 license. The development is centered on GitHub and the #slic3r IRC channel on FreeNode, where the community is highly involved in testing and providing ideas and feedback.
- Dependencies? Nah.Slic3r is super-easy to run: download, double click and enjoy. No dependencies needed. Hassle-free. For MacOS X, Windows, Linux.
- Print with dual multiple extruders.Print beautiful colored objects, or use your secondary extruder to build support material. Or put a larger nozzle on it and print a faster infill.
- Use brim for the best adhesion.This unique feature improves built plate adhesion by generating a base flange around your objects that you can easily remove after printing.
- Microlayering: save time, increase accuracy.You can choose to print a thicker infill to benefit from low layer heights on perimeters and still keep your print time within a reasonable amount.
Compose a plate but print one object at time.Use the built-in plating interface that allows to place objects with drag-and-drop, rotate and scale them, arrange everything as you like. Thesequential printing feature allows to print one complete object at time in a single print job.
Cool cooling strategies.A very smart cooling logic will regulate your fan speed and print speed to ensure each layer has enough time to cool down before next one is laid on it.
Manage multiple printers, filaments and build styles.The configuration handling system was designed for people working with multiple machines and filaments: you can save configurations as presets for each category avoiding to multiply your saved configurations.
Enjoy support material.Automatic generation of support material for overhangs.
Slic3r DATA folder: C:\Users\[GEBRUIKER]\AppData\Roaming\Slic3r\
in deze map word standaard deze inhoud gegenereerd: