- LZO is a portable lossless data compression library written in ANSI C.
- Offers pretty fast compression and *extremely* fast decompression.
- One of the fastest compression and decompression algorithms around. See the ratings for lzop in the famous Archive Comparison Test .
- Includes slower compression levels achieving a quite competitive compression ratio while still decompressing at this very high speed.
- Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL v2+).
miniLZO is a very lightweight subset of the LZO library.
Very easy to use – it only takes a few minutes to add data compression to your application!
I’ve created miniLZO for projects where it is inconvenient to include or require the full LZO source code just because you want to add a little bit of data compression to your application.
miniLZO consists of one C source file and three header files. It compiles to less than 6 kB (on x86), and the sources are just a few kB when packed – so there’s no more excuse that your application doesn’t support data compression :-)