WebCalendar is a PHP-based calendar application that can be configured as a single-user calendar, a multi-user calendar for groups of users, or as an event calendar viewable by visitors. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, Interbase, MS SQL Server, or ODBC is required.
WebCalendar can be setup in a variety of ways, such as…
• A schedule management system for a single person
• A schedule management system for a group of people, allowing one or more assistants to manage the calendar of another user
• An events schedule that anyone can view, allowing visitors to submit new events •A calendar server that can be viewed with iCalendar-compliant calendar applications like Mozilla Sunbird, Apple iCal or GNOME Evolution or RSS-enabled applications like Firefox, Thunderbird, RSSOwl, FeedDemon, or BlogExpress.
Overview of Features
• XHTML/CSS compliance
• Multi-user support
• 30 supported languages: Basque, Bulgarian, Chinese-Big5, Chinese-GB2312, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English-US, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Holo-Big5, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese_BR, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Welsh
• Auto-detect user’s language preference from browser settings
• View calendars by day, week, month or year
• View another user’s calendar
• View one or more users’ calendar via layers on top of your own calendar
• Add/Edit/Delete users
• Add/Edit/Delete events
• Repeating events including support for overriding or deleting (exceptions)
• Configurable custom event fields
• User-configurable preferences for colors, 12/24 time format, Sun/Mon week start
• Online help
• Checks for scheduling conflicts
• Email reminders for upcoming events
• Email notifications for new/updated/deleted events
• Export events to iCalendar, vCalendar or Palm
• Import from iCalendar, vCalendar or Palm
• Optional general access (no login required) to allow calendar to be viewed by people without a login (useful for event calendars)
• Users can make their calendar available publicly to anyone with an iCalendar-compliant calendar program (such as Apple’s iCal, Mozilla Calendar or Sunbird)
• Publishing of free/busy schedules (part of the iCalendar standard)
• RSS support that puts a user’s calendar into RSS (WebCalendar 1.1+)
• Subscribe to “remote” calendars (hosted elsewhere on the net) in either iCalendar or hCalendar formats (WebCalendar 1.1+)
• User authentication: Web-based, HTTP, LDAP or NIS
Version 1.2.7 (22 Jan 2013)
- Security fix: Do not show the reason for a failed login (i.e. "no such user")
- Security fix: Escape HTML characters in category name.
- Security fix: Check all passed in fields (either via HTML form or via
URL parameter) for certain malicious tags (script, embed, etc.) and
generate fatal error if found.
Version 1.2.6 (07 Jan 2013)
- Fix for "undefined function require_valide" bug
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Updated Greek translation
Version 1.2.5 (29 Feb 2012)
- Fixes for various security vulnerabilities include LFI (local file
inclusion), XSS (cross site scripting) and others.
- Updated translations: German, German-utf8, Dutch, Dutch-utf8
- Misc. minor bug fixes
Version 1.2.4 (08 Aug 2011)
by public can do bad things (create admin account, delete events, etc.)
when the pending event is viewed by the admin.
- Fixed bug: PHP warnings on search
- Removed PHP warnings
- Bug fix: undefined function date_default_timezone_set in older versions
Version 1.2.3 (14 Aug 2010)
- Fixed bug: could not save events with more than one category
- Include backtrace in fatal errors when in development mode
Version 1.2.2 (14 Aug 2010)
- Fixes for PHP warnings about default timezone not being set.
Version 1.2.1 (09 Apr 2010)
- Addressed some published security vulnerabilities related to
cross site scripting (XSS).
- Fixed "500 Server Error" seen with PHP 5.2.8 and later. Some users saw
either blank web page or seg fault errors with this.
- Fixed mb_language error message some non-English users were seeing in 1.2.0.
- A handful of minor bugfixes and patches.
- Updated translations: Italian
Version 1.2.0 (27 Sep 2008)
- Added new 'Security Audit' page.
- Moved hard-coded upcoming.php config setting to System Settings.
- Added new RSS feed for Activity Log. This will allow you to be
notified via RSS of event approvals/rejections, email notification,
new event submissions, event updates, etc.
- Removed old hack for register_globals work-around that is no longer
needed. This will improve security.
- Category icons can now be displayed next to events in upcoming.php
- Updated Portuguese_BR translations