Webserver software – IonCube (PHP module)
Version 9.0 of the ionCube PHP Encoder for software protection makes it easy to protect PHP source code from easy observation, theft and change by compiling to bytecode. PHP licensing features built into the Pro and Cerberus editions also allow licensing PHP scripts to control where PHP code runs, and files can also have a time expiry. Non-PHP code such as XML can also be encrypted.
Three editions of the ionCube PHP Encoder (Basic, Pro and Cerberus) all offer compiled PHP encoding using obfuscated bytecode, plus optional encryption of non-PHP files. Pro and Cerberus also include PHP licensing features for time expiry and restricting where code can be used, allowing licensing models to be effectively and easily implemented.
The PHP Encoder is available for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and OS X. The Windows and OS X Encoders come with a powerful and easy to use GUI, and all editions also include command line Encoders for easy automation. The Pro and Cerberus Encoders also include tools for license file creation.
ionCube Encoded files run on a wide range of operating systems including Linux, Windows, FreeBSD and others, and PHP versions up to PHP 7.0. Support for other platforms is available on request.
Version 9.0 includes the new features of dynamic and external keys that go further in protecting the compiled bytecode.
PHP scripts can be easily read, changed and run on any PHP enabled system. Encoding PHP offers important benefits.
Product Developers: protect and license your code before distribution. Time restricting is ideal for protecting evaluation copies, and server/domain based locking helps secure revenue from multiple domain deployments.
Website Designers: protect your creative work and a revenue stream from future script updates.
Enterprise Customers: successfully enforce internal change control policies by avoiding untracked software tweaks that may get lost on a site reinstall or server move.
Website Owners: hide sensitive data and protect scripts from unauthorised changes that may go unnoticed indefinitely, and be a serious security and data protection risk.
With the ionCube Encoder, you can…
- Protect PHP scripts with compiled bytecode for best performance and protection.
- Use optional encryption keys that are not stored but generated only when needed (Dynamic Keys). Our unique feature gives greatly increased protection over alternatives that store a decryption key in the protected file or that do not offer encryption at all.
- Produce encoded PHP files to run on the latest PHP 7 and earlier.
- Use PHP language features up to PHP 5.6.
- Encrypt non-PHP files such as XML and templates.
- Generate license files to restrict access to encoded files (Pro/Cerberus editions).
- Enable one way transformation (obfuscation) of variables and function, method and class names.
- Encode PHP shell scripts.
- Prevent file tampering through use of digital signatures.
- Prevent replacement of encoded files by others.
- Generate files to expire on a given date or after a time period (Pro/Cerberus editions).
- Restrict files to run on any combination of IP addresses and/or server names (Pro/Cerberus editions).
- Restrict files to run on specific MAC addresses (Cerberus edition).
- Integrate with the ionCube Package Foundry.
- Add readable comments to encoded files for custom copyright, license details etc.
- Have custom messages and custom handling when files expire or aren’t permissioned to run.
- And more!
The ionCube PHP Encoder
The ionCube Standalone PHP Encoder is the leading script protection solution for PHP based software.
Launched in 2002, the ionCube Encoder was the first truly affordable, robust and fully featured encoding solution for PHP. It is now an established industry standard solution, trusted by developers in over 150 countries around the world, to encode PHP. It has led the way with features often immitated but unrivaled, and now with integration of the ionCube package Foundry, provides the only solution that in seconds and with a single click can secure your code, and produce a self contained installer to install and deploy your protected product to a local or remote server.
ionCube protection uses 100% compiled PHP, and utilising a closed source execution engine, ionCube Encoding tools deliver the best performance and PHP source code protection of any encryptor solution currently available. With features to meet the demands of both small and enterprise scale applications, the ionCube Encoder’s unrivaled PHP protection, performance, and all round flexibility and featureset, is the ideal and only serious no-compromise solution for protecting PHP.